Thursday, August 7, 2008

Today's bargains

Nothing monumental today, but the bargains that I did find are worth noting.

Do you have a Grocery Outlet in your area? If so, you HAVE to check it out... and regularly. The different things they carry change often, but if you stumble upon a great deal for your family, it's like you've hit the jackpot!

Today's super find - Geof LOVES Famous Dave's. We don't have one here (and with my celiac disease, it's a no-no for me now), but it was our "special" dining option in South Dakota. And for Mr. Spicy... What's spicy?, Devil's Spit was the sauce of choice. 2 trips ago, they had Dave's Bold and Sassy sauce. Another flavor showed up last trip. This trip - Devil's Spit for $.79. I picked up two bottles for him =) Also, quite a good sized bottle of Bertoli's EVOO for $7.99. I'll be returning the bottle I bought at Safeway the other day... 1/3 the size for $5.49.

Then it was back over to Rite Aid for the other box of Rice Crispies with Strawberries.

Finally to Safeway for a couple items, including a free 2 liter of A&W Cream Soda from a register print out last week. Also a bottle of Mott's Apple Juice for $.99. I've NEVER in my life used an expired coupon, and I didn't notice this one was until the register wouldn't take it. I asked my favorite cashier to just put it back for me, but he said he'd make it go through for me - and let me know that Safeway was starting to really crack down on expired coupons. That was really sweet of him - and totally unexpected!

No comments: