Friday, September 19, 2008

Walgreens

This week has been a little crazy. We're putting the kids on a schedule to make their lives a little easier - and my own personal schedule has been thrown off for unrelated reasons. So I'm a bit slow in getting these posted. BUT! It was another great shopping week at Walgreens! And, as you can see, we're just about set for trick-or-treaters, too (though I still can't believe I willingly purchased Nestle products).

2 Butterfinger 11 oz fun size bags @ 2 for $5
2 Butterfinger Crisp 10 oz fun size bags @ 2 for $5
1 Kit Kat 8 pack @ $1.59
6 Reeses Peanut Butter Cup 8 packs @ 2 for $3 ($9)
3 Peeps pumpkins @ 1 for $$.59 and 2 for $1 (but it rang them up totaling $1.50)
2 Colgate Max Fresh Toothpaste with mouthwash beads (Sale $2.99 each - $5.98)
2 battery operated tea light candles (Sale $1 each - $2)

Total: $30.07

COUPONS!!!
Walgreens ad coupon for $2 off each Colgate Max Fresh -$4.00
Walgreens ad coupon for Peeps @ $.39 each -$.33
2x ESR booklet coupon for $1/2 Nestle bagged candies -$2.00
Manufacturer coupon for $1/1 Nestle bagged candies -$1.00
Manufacturer coupon for $1/1 Nestle bagged candies -$1.00
Manufacturer coupon for $1/1 Nestle bagged candies -$1.00
Manufacturer coupon for $1/1 Nestle bagged candies -$1.00
Manufacturer coupon for $1/1 Colgate Max Fresh Toothpaste -$1.00
Manufacturer coupon for $1/1 Colgate Max Fresh Toothpaste -$1.00
Walgreens Catalina* for $10/$10+ from Robitussin -$10.00

New Total: $7.65 (which came off my gift card - OOP - $0)

Why all the Reeses Peanut Butter Cups and the Kit Kats? ESR #35 - buy $10 in Hershey's 8 packs and get a $5 ($5.50) rebate. Since I had a free $10 from the Robitussin deal, that's what I did. I try not to double count my rebates and Catalinas, saying "my total was really like $2.15 after the rebate" - because I don't have that money in my hand and the full $7.65 was taken off my card. But I will be getting that 110% back on my card - which is exciting. Unless I can find the large vacuum bag on Tuesday, I don't plan to add anything new to this rebate... and I'm expecting - get this - $91.69 back in rebates this month after the extra 10% for getting it on the gift card! I'll be posting an end of month recap with what I spent and what I'm getting back after I submit it next week. I did a preliminary estimate this week and I have to admit... it's pretty cool =)

*Catalinas are the extra strip of paper that sometimes prints with your receipt - out of a separate little machine. That's what the $10/$10 RR was, and that's how I've gotten some pretty great deal (free 2 liter bottles of soda as one example) at other stores. So don't just chuck those - make sure to take a good look at them!

No comments: