Sunday, August 17, 2008

All You

Have you seen this magazine at Wal-Mart? I heard about it on a couponing message board that I've been reading for more tips, and let me tell you... this is a great one! Since I already knew some of the coupons in there, I went in, located them, bought three... then went to work.

There was a strip of coupons on page 159 (a list of all coupons appears on page 184). Buy three Kraft or Nabisco products and get X free with the coupon. The frees were:
A box of wheat thins
A canister of Crystal Light
A bottle of Kraft salad dressing
A package of Oscar Meyer hot dogs
A package of Kraft Singles

Three copies of the magazine meant three coupons for each - and a purchase of three means three items total - not three for each coupon. I went with (10) Kraft Macaroni and Cheese (cheese and macaroni? :) ) since we were down to our last 2 boxes and Grocery Outlet isn't carrying any mac-n-cheese at all right now. Wal-Mart had them for $.50 a box. I also picked up 2 packages of orange jell-o since my kids are strange and actually *like* that stuff.

Only other purchase was two, 6-packs of toddler briefs for Robert - they were $3.96 each, and there was a coupon in this Sunday's paper for $1 off two packs. $7 for 12 pairs is not bad at all... and they're blank slates for me to put whatever cartoon characters he wants on them.

My purchases rang up to $53.34. After coupons, my total was $12.92!

There are quite a few other great coupons in the magazine. And Frugal Heart posted a link to a subscription trial of two issues for free with a "bill me later" option so you don't get an automatic charge to your card if you decide to cancel. Look for a lime green link on the right side of the page. It's a decent magazine... it's not a scholarly journal by any means, but the articles were nice and there were some household tips throughout. Really, though, the cover price of $1.97 - and Wal-Mart and subscription price of $1.77 an issue more than make up for themselves with the coupons inside. I'd really recommend you check it out!

No comments: