Thursday, August 7, 2008

From July 30, 2008

I know you wanna be like me...

So here's your chance.

Tomorrow only, THIS COUPON can be used at Walgreens for $5 off any $20 purchase (total after coupons and before tax). I'm planning to go and buy the things in this month's rebate catalog that are free after rebate but that you have to pay cash for upfront. Those things are listed in their SUPER SAVER CATALOG (pages 19 & 22) - though I'll probably skip the makeup. I'm pretty sure I have another coupon for Pert, too.

My total tomorrow (before additional Pert coupon - I'll edit if I find it) will be $29.25-$35.24, depending on the olive shampoo ingredients. After Walgreen's coupon, it will be $24.25-$30.24. At the end of this rebate period, assuming that I don't add anything else to the rebate, I will be adding $32.18-$38.76 to my Walgreen's gift card (10% bonus for getting it put on their gift card rather than a check back)

I'm sure it sounds confusing. Long and short of it is that I'll be getting a bunch of stuff for free and an additional $8+ to spend next month... doing the same thing. This keep building until we need to use that money for something else, like toilet paper or a prescription. And this should be the last month that I'll be paying out of pocket as I'll have my gift card money from past months to pay for the following month's purchases.

EDIT - I found a $1 off coupon for Pert. So that's $1 less out of pocket and more on my rebate! http://www.pertplus.com/coupon/ if you're wanting to do the same deal.

What I ended up getting that trip:
Pert Plus - $3.79
Jane Kabuki Brush - $4.99
Walgreens White 3 Way (30/70/100) Bulb - $1.99
Bioinfusion Organic Shampoo - 2 @ $5.99 each ($11.98)
Crest Baking Soda/Peroxide Toothpast 6.4 oz - $2.39

Total: $25.14

Coupons:
$1 off Pert Plus (link above)
$1 off Crest (Walgreens EasySaver Rebate book)
$5 off $20 or more (Walgreens email)

New Total: $18.14

New Items available for Rebate -
$3.79 Pert
$4.99 Jane
$1.99 Bulb
$11.98 Shampoo

Total: $22.75
PLUS 10% for gift card - $25.03

There were a few other things I planned to purchase for the free after rebate sales that were out of stock. I'll go back on the 5th when they restock.

No comments: