Thursday, August 7, 2008

From August 6, 2008

Today I was sucked in by Rite Aid.

I was going through our local paper today and saw the RiteAid ad. They had some FAR (Free After Rebate) items that were ending today, as well as some that went the whole month. So I figured I'd try my luck there. Just before leaving home, Frugal Heart posted a link to a $1 off Rice Krispies with Strawberries coupon, so I printed that out and took it along as well.

As I walked into Rite Aid, I was greeted by an end cap of Kellogg's cereals on sale for $1.99... including the Rice Krispies with Strawberries! Then upon closer inspection, there was also a rebate coupon on the front of the box for a $3.99 rebate check by mail! Are you following this?

Cereal - $1.99
Minus $1 coupon - $.99
Then add on the $3.99 rebate - I JUST MADE $3!!!!

And the best part? It's limit TWO per household! So I printed out a second coupon using IE and I'll head back to Rite Aid while I'm out for Grocery Outlet's restocked shelves tomorrow =)

Other Rite Aid rebates today:
Old Spice 3 count disposable razors - $3.99 - $3.99 rebate - FREE
Gillette Fusion Power Razor - regularly $11.99 - on sale for $9.00 - $4.00 Sunday coupon - $5.00 rebate - FREE
(mine also came with a trial size can of shave gel - bonus!)
Revlon Nail Enamel (Kiss Me Coral was my choice) - $2.99 - $2.99 rebate - FREE

So... OOP (Out Of Pocket) today I spent $12.97
Rebates coming back to me - $15.97!!!!

Then a quick jump over to Walgreens to check on the FARs that were out of stock last week. The vacuum bags were still out of stock, but the Walgreens brand water filters were in stock! So...
Water filter - $6.99 - $6.99 rebate - FREE

I used one of my register rewards from the cereal purchase the other day, and then $1.99 of the $5 cash they gave me when the third reward didn't print. So I didn't even have to touch any money that wasn't already dedicated to Walgreens.
Rebate coming back to me - $7.69 (additional 10% for adding it to my Walgreens gift card)

I made $3.70 today =)

running total of Walgreens Easy Saver Rebates coming to me this month - $32.71... hoping to add at least $17.58 to that.

No comments: