Friday, August 15, 2008

Rite Aid (with possibly more info than you want to know)

My Rite Aid finds this week -

Herbal Essences shampoo and conditioner - $5/2 minus $2/1 coupon = $3 for one shampoo and one conditioner. Plus main-in offer for a free manicure or pedicure (hello cute toes!) makes this deal totally worth it!

Durex condoms - regular price, $12.99 for 12, on sale for $6.99, rebate for $5.00 - limit 3 rebates per household. Supposedly there was a $2/1 coupon two weeks ago, but I sure don't have it. Plus, the boxes at our Rite Aid were 50% more free (18). So, after rebate, 3 18-count boxes for $5.97.

Astroglide X - regular price, $11.99, on sale for $7.99, rebate for $7.99 - free after rebate

Mr. Clean Magic Erasers - buy 1 at regular price, get Rite Aid brand free. I had a coupon for $.50 off the Mr. Clean brand erasers. The cashier had to write in the price for the store brand erasers, but couldn't read that far up the receipt. I offered to go check the shelf. It had $1.99 on the shelf, $1.69 hanging off the shelf as a special, then the BOGO hanging off on top of that. She suspected, as did I, that it would be $1.69, rang it up, all done... until I saw that the receipt had it ring up for $1.99 originally. I pointed it out, expecting they'd just give me my $.30 back. But oh no. They had to return both erasers, the register doesn't recognize coupons in returns, so they gave me the full $4 something back - plus my coupons to use again. Then they rang up the order again, this time changing the price on the Rite Aid erasers to $1.69. I SO ended up making money on that deal!

No comments: