Wednesday, October 22, 2008

The beef gets a bit pricier

Okay - if you haven't done the deal yet, you'll notice that your code from Geico rewards now says $25 off $100 or more. So that's not worth it.

If you did it yesterday, you most likely got an email saying something like this:

Dear MRS LASTNAME

Thank you for shopping at Omaha Steaks! We appreciate your business and
are confident you will be delighted with your order.

We do show when placing this order, a special offer for a free item was
combined with the $25 reward card. As stated in all promotions for free
items, offers cannot be combined. Your order will ship without the free
item.


So, still 2.25 pounds of beef for $1.98 - which is still a decent deal ($.88/lb). But not as thrilling as last night's deal. Today has been a bit of a downer for me on deals in general - lots of stores changing policies or raising prices even more than before around here. So this shouldn't surprise me... but it did.

I will say, from reading back in the blogs I learned of this yesterday, it appears that Omaha Steaks changed their rules multiple times after this program started. Again, it doesn't surprise me, as I know of only one person who was really pleased with OS - most had complaints about the company. My only dealings with them was in regards to a second-hand gift certificate I was given by the family I nannied for. They were rude and unhelpful - and I ended up letting that $50 go rather than dealing with them again. Now I know why.

No comments: