Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Really great deal on GOOD beef!

I'm in the middle of doing this right now - so I can't vouch that it will work yet. But it appears to be working for a lot of other people in frugal blog land, so I'm posting it here now for you. If you want to try - go for it! I will also add that the comment to the blog from whence this came said it is not available in Ohio. But - that's doesn't mean you Ohioans can't try if you want to!

These steps are taken from Catherine Wheels post about the deal- I thank her very much!

1) Go to this link to sign up for the Geico website. You do NOT have to have Geico, you do NOT have to switch any of your insurance. It just gives you a username for their website, and they will email you within an hour or so with a link to a gift card code. Check your spam folder if you don't get the email after two hours or so. The gift card number is really long, so double check when you write it down.

2) Go to this link and type in your email address. They will send you an email confirmation right away, and there is a link within the email to start shopping. After you get your gift card code from step one, use that link to order the hamburgers (described below) and it will automatically give you 12 free 4 ounce burgers. The 12 free won't show up in your cart until you check out, so don't panic.

3)When you get your gift card code and go to the link through the step two link, you'll be at the Omaha Steaks website. In the left hand sidebar, click on the link for "burgers/brats" etc. Scroll down until you see the option for "eight 5 ounce steak burgers" for 12.99. Add that to your cart, then checkout. (Note: apparently the $12.99 option doesn't work for everyone, if you get through the next step and it doesn't work, go back and get the $14.99 option. It will cost you $2 more out of pocket, but you'll get that much more meat.)

4) At checkout, you enter your address etc and you should see the 12.99 burgers, plus the 12 free burgers you got from doing step 2 above. At the point where they ask for payment, you'll see that they add in about $13 for shipping - don't worry, your gift card code will cover that.Before you enter your credit card (or paypal - one of the payment options is "pay by paypal" if that is easier for you), enter your gift card code and hit "apply" or whatever the button says next to that.That should take your total down to roughly $1.98. Then enter your actual payment method and you will only be charged $1.98 (it may be a few cents more or less depending on your address, it was $1.98 for me)

5)Complete the transaction. In a few days you'll be getting a cooler shipment of 5.5 pounds of Steak burgers, which works out to ONLY 36 CENTS A POUND!

That is a GREAT deal for ground beef. They will come as hamburgers, but you can brown them like regular hamburger to use in other recipes. It's not organic beef, but should be high quality.


I can't tell you for sure how long it took to get the code to my inbox since I just got back to the computer now after being away from it for about 11 hours. But it came, I placed my order exactly as she said to do, and I'm getting 12 4 oz burgers and 8 5 oz burgers shipped to my door for a total of $1.98.

I didn't have to sign up for any automatic shipment of burgers ever month or switch my car insurance - it was just a one-time thing and I'm done. And I'm getting 88 ounces (5.5 pounds) of beef for $1.98 - or $.36 a pound!

Go! Try it! And let me know if it works for you!

Tip from others who have tried it. When you get the email with the $25 gift card code, you have to be logged in to the geico site in order to redeem it. I didn't realize this as my geico window was still open from this afternoon, so I had no problems. If you go to place your order and all you're seeing is a $10 off $50 purchase, just make sure you're logged in and try again.

and there are more reports that it's not working in Ohio... sorry

No comments: