Monday, October 6, 2008

Have you heard about Ebates?

ebates banner

I recently learned about Ebates from another blogger. You can sign up for Ebates by clicking on these links and filling out the form on their site. When you sign up for Ebates and make your first purchase, you get an additional $5 bonus in your account. By signing up through one of the Ebates links on this post, you are also helping me by adding $5 to my account when you make your first purchase. You get a certain percentage of your purchase back (anywhere from 1-25%, based on the retailer)! There is no fee to join, and it's really a simple concept.

Say for instance you're looking for a new book for your nephew for his birthday:
1) You go to Ebates
2) Select your favorite online book seller from the list of available stores
3) Continue to make your online purchase as you normally would.

It's that simple. Within a day or two, you'll receive an email from Ebates saying that your account has been credited $X.XX for your purchase at [for instance] Barnes and Noble. When you accumulate $5.01 in your account, not counting sign up and referral bonuses, they send you a Big Fat Check. Or you can choose to have the money sent to paypal - or sent to your friend or favorite charity.

It's a great way to make a little extra money doing the things you do every day - without any extra effort other than a few clicks of the mouse. I've used Ebates for my first purchase already... what are you waiting for?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ebates is full of awesome-ness! I have been using it for over 2 years now, and I swear - I've never had any problems. The money comes when it's supposed to, and it's all legit!

Unknown said...

I’ve also heard some goody things about Savingswatch.com. Its a rebate site as well but offer a much higher cashback.I'd recommend taking a look there so that you can compare the cash back percentages to maximize your earnings.
Happy Shopping!