Saturday, October 11, 2008

This is becoming my go-to store



I really didn't feel like leaving the house today. It may not seem that way from this blog, but I really do not like to go shopping. I'm a homebody - I'd rather be home with my family and taking care of things here than out and about... especially E-V-E-R-Y day. But that last post... I knew I had to get there today or tomorrow to get the rest of the things on the list for the rebate while they were on sale. So, my incredibly awesome husband offered to get whatever I needed at Walgreens if I made him a list.

And he did good!

Scrubbing Bubbles Shower Cleaner Kit $19.99
Shout Wipes $2.50
Gator Bite mints $.99 (they weren't on the list, but I cut him some slack =) )
Scrubbing Bubbles Toilet Brush Max Kit $3.99
Windex $2.50
Scrubbing Bubbles Toilet Gel $4.49 (this should have been $3.99 - and it was wrong last time, too...)
Subtotal: $34.46

Coupons
-$1.50 Shout product
-$2.00 Toilet Gels
-$2.00 Toilet Brush Max
-$2.00 Windex
-$10.00 Automatic Shower Cleaner

Total: $16.96
(110% ESRs for $16.50)

If I can get that toilet gels thing corrected (the ad says they're on sale - I thought the tag in the store did as well), we'll make $.04 on this deal. But even without, we did really, really well.

(Edit - I did get it price corrected on 10/11, so we were paid $.04 to shop there today!)

I tried to find the coupon I had for Halloween candy before G left, but I didn't until he was already gone. So I will be heading out one more time tomorrow. Hershey's funsize candies are part of the big sale this week that will break down like this for us:
Sale - $10/4
ESR (110%) - $4/4(.40)
2 coupons for $1/2
$1 ($.90) each bag!

We're in a new area for Halloween this year (actually, we weren't even here for Halloween last year as we were out of town for a funeral). So we have NO idea if we'll get a lot of kids or not. There are a ton of vacation rentals around us, so I have a feeling that it will be a slow area here in favor of the year-round homes on the east side of town. But I don't want to be caught empty treat-bowled =)

So ONE more post tomorrow. Then, I'm pretty sure, I'll even be able to send in my ESR after that (though I may just wait until the end of the month... just in case).

No comments: